Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel will not recognize numbers

Hello everyone,

One of my users is having a very peculiar problem occur with their
****tysoft, I mean microsoft, excel 2007. I know this must be surprising
since microsoft's products are so user friendly, but really this is no joke.
For some reason it's treating all numbers as text. No matter what we've tried
to do to change the formatting we can't get this worksheet to recognize
numbers as numbers. I've done a work around by just deleting that sheet and
starting a new one. In this case there was very little data on the work sheet
and so deleting it wasn't that big of an issue. However, this is not an
acceptable solution in that there may be a time that comes where a worksheet
has a larger amount of data, and simply starting new one would be a lot of
work. What happened with this particular worksheet and what needs to be done
to get it back on track when it happens again. I've got over 40 users and all
of the "little" software problems with Office 2007 are starting to get old.

Thank you in advance for you help and patience with this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may use this in addition:

=value(trim(a1))

Eduardo wrote:
Hi,
are you importing the file ? if yes try in the adjacent column

=trim(A1)

sometimes there are blank spaces not easy to see

Hello everyone,

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Thank you in advance for you help and patience with this.