Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto-adjust row height does not work correctly

I often work on Excel files with cells containing text. I often adjust the
row height by double-clicking the row border at the left of the window, which
automatically sets the row height to be sufficient to display the contents of
every cell in the row.

However, this doesn't always work correctly. Sometimes the last line of text
in a row will not be visible, and I have to adjust the row height manually
for an individual row.

I'm using Excel 2003.

Why doesn't it work right? Is there any other way to adjust the row height
to make the full contents of the cell visible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Eric_NY

select the entire sheet - click format - cells - alignment - check "wrap
text" - OK
then click on format - row - autofit
it should work

click yes below, if it works

"Eric_NY" wrote:

I often work on Excel files with cells containing text. I often adjust the
row height by double-clicking the row border at the left of the window, which
automatically sets the row height to be sufficient to display the contents of
every cell in the row.

However, this doesn't always work correctly. Sometimes the last line of text
in a row will not be visible, and I have to adjust the row height manually
for an individual row.

I'm using Excel 2003.

Why doesn't it work right? Is there any other way to adjust the row height
to make the full contents of the cell visible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, that doesn't fix the problem. I already have alignment "wrap text".

When I do Print Preview everything looks OK. But in normal view, the last
line of text in a cell is sometimes cut off, even when I select "auto fit".

Thanks.