Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Default Copy Unique Record

Hi

I need a formula where I can copy unique record from one sheet to another.

Sheet 1 - Summary
Sheet 2 - Record

In the Record sheet, I have the following:
Country Postal City
GERMANY BAUTZEN
GERMANY BERLIN
GERMANY COLOGNE
GERMANY COLOGNE
GERMANY BERLIN
GERMANY BERLIN
GERMANY BERLIN
UK LONDON
UK LONDON
UK KOENIGSWINTER
UK BREMEN
USA LONDON
USA NEW YORK

So what I need is to copy all the unique record to Summary. It should appear
like
Country Postal City
GERMANY BAUTZEN
GERMANY BERLIN
GERMANY COLOGNE
UK LONDON
UK KOENIGSWINTER
UK BREMEN
USA LONDON
USA NEW YORK

Would prefer a formula but if not available, then please advice what's the
best solution. Please note there could be over 1000 line of record in the
Record Sheet.

Thanks.
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not use the built in feature of copying unique records?

Assuming your data is in A:B...

Highlight both columns, and give this range a name of "MyData". Highlight
column B, and gives this range a name of "City". (type name in box that is
left of formula bar, or use Insert - Name - Define)

Now, on your Summary sheet, go to Data - filter - advanced filter.
Select "Copy to another location"
For list range, input: "MyData"
For criteria range, input "City"
Choose which cell you want to copy to (upper left)
Place a checkmark in "Unique records only"

Hit ok, and you're done!
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

[...]