BBTMAMA

Default Display unique record

I have two tables, Client Info and Client Visits. The first table has
general info that does not change so Client info is enter one time only. The
second table records services provided at each client visit. The first table
has Client ID and the second has Visit ID and Client ID. During the month a
client may have several visits. Therefore the Client ID would occur several
times while each visit has a unique Visit ID. For a given month I want to
know how many different clients were seen as well as count the fields of
info. associated with them. At present I am able to get a total of Visits
but not of unique Clients. As you can see, I am a novice regarding ACCESS.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

R.VENKATARAMAN

I presume you want to know how many visits are made to each client.
in that case sort the client visits according to client name and then do a
subtotals (which includes count)
you can also use subtotals function

as this is excel group I have indicated excel solution not access solution.

"BBTMAMA" wrote in message
I have two tables, Client Info and Client Visits. The first table has
general info that does not change so Client info is enter one time only.

The
second table records services provided at each client visit. The first

table
has Client ID and the second has Visit ID and Client ID. During the month

client may have several visits. Therefore the Client ID would occur

several
times while each visit has a unique Visit ID. For a given month I want to
know how many different clients were seen as well as count the fields of
info. associated with them. At present I am able to get a total of Visits
but not of unique Clients. As you can see, I am a novice regarding

ACCESS.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

BBTMAMA

Thank you for your input. As you can see I am not very savvy about using
discussion groups either. I thought I had checked the "Queries" section.
I'll repost my question and try your solution.

Thanks