Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EN EN is offline

Default Trace dependents - can it auto-update / is there a keyboard shortc

Dear expert users,

I use the "trace dependents" tool quite a lot, and am wondering if the
following are possible:
1. auto-update as I move from cell to cell. In other words, if I am in cell
G3 and click trace dependents, then move to cell G5 using the keyboard arrow
keys, the sheet still just shows the dependents of cell G3 drawn out: I'd
rather have it such that "trace dependents" moves along with the cursor, and
now shows the dependents of G5, without me first having to manually clear the
existing arrows which were drawn for cell G3, and then clicking on "trace
dependents" again once I'm in G5.

2. is there a keyboard shortcut (or can I make one) to trace dependents and
remove traces?

3. On a related note: is there a macro out there that will not just trace
dependents, but in fact have the arrows from the trace point to the position
in the formula where a cell is referenced? I have some long equations that
get difficult to read/ check. If the trace dependents arrow would point right
at the cell reference in the formula, that would save me a lot of time. Any
ideas?

Thanks!