Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lost excel file

A excel file has disappeared from a document location and although is still
listed in the excel open file menu it results in the mess: cannot find file,
has the file been moved or renamed. I have also done a search and it cannot
find the file excel document. The file was backed up.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel does not cause files to disappear.

So...........this is not an Excel problem but a user problem.

How have you done the search? Windows search?

In My ComputerToolsFolder OptionsView check your settings.

Are you set to show all files and extensioms?

Maybe someone simply deleted the file?

Did you check recycle bin?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:32:06 -0700, ralph
wrote:

A excel file has disappeared from a document location and although is still
listed in the excel open file menu it results in the mess: cannot find file,
has the file been moved or renamed. I have also done a search and it cannot
find the file excel document. The file was backed up.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ralph wrote:
A excel file has disappeared from a document location and although is still
listed in the excel open file menu it results in the mess: cannot find file,
has the file been moved or renamed. I have also done a search and it cannot
find the file excel document. The file was backed up.
Any suggestions?

If the file was backed up, retrieve it from your backup location.

Bill