Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing rules in mass quantities

Hello there,
I am updating a workbook that has a massive amount of cells with many
conditional formats. To make our sheets more printer friendly, I am having
to go through all of the "formula to determine which cells to format" rules
and changing the fill color one by one. Is there a way to select all of the
rules with this format and change the color all at once? If not, is there an
easier way to go about doing it then just changing them all one by one?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a cell with the conditional format you want to change. Then press
Ctrl+G (brings up the Goto dialogue), click "Special", and choose Conditional
Format - Same. This will select all cells on sheet with same format as
currently selected cell. Proceed to change conditional format rule as desired.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bfkesq" wrote:

Hello there,
I am updating a workbook that has a massive amount of cells with many
conditional formats. To make our sheets more printer friendly, I am having
to go through all of the "formula to determine which cells to format" rules
and changing the fill color one by one. Is there a way to select all of the
rules with this format and change the color all at once? If not, is there an
easier way to go about doing it then just changing them all one by one?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default INABILITY TO ACCESS EXCEL GENERAL QUESTIONS

Attention Moderator. In other messages I have tried to explain why your
screen moves automatically away from subheading General Questions so fast I
have no opportunity to select it. After repeated trys on two days I got to
the next subheading here. My posting was submitted at a wrong Forum which is
why I ended up here. Regardless of my fault I cannot control the automatic
movement of your screen which in some desperation puts me here. THANKS FOR
YOUR HELP! RO

PS: I do hope with your expertise/experience/forum knowlege/tech savvy (not
one of which I possess), you'll find the record of where I posted EXCEL
INABILITY TO PRINT thread and my explanation of inability to go where I
should have posted, and that my explanation only brought a repeat of what I
should o and already said could not do. This seems to be the only means of
communicating effectively.

--

"bfkesq" wrote:

Hello there,
I am updating a workbook that has a massive amount of cells with many
conditional formats. To make our sheets more printer friendly, I am having
to go through all of the "formula to determine which cells to format" rules
and changing the fill color one by one. Is there a way to select all of the
rules with this format and change the color all at once? If not, is there an
easier way to go about doing it then just changing them all one by one?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no moderator and this isn't a forum. It a newsgroup and the
difficulties you are having is due to the web based interface you are using.
Please see the link below for a news reader method of accessing this
group directly and avoiding the issues you are experiencing.

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm