Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jade

Default Changing default or hidden rules within microsoft excel?

In Excel, anytime I enter a 16 digit number it automatically changes it to:
1.23457E+15 than if I change the format of cells to 0 decimal points, it
automatically changes the last digit in a 16 digit number to a 0. How do I
detect this setting, or if it is a default or embedded rule how can I change
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin Vaughn

Excel will only keep track of 15 significant digits. If you don't need to do
math on it, format as text or precede with ' (an apostrophe.)

--
Kevin Vaughn