Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula

I have a list of names in Column A and the names appear every 4 lines down.
A2, A6, A10... In column E I just want the names to appear and this has 6,000
lines on the spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get this to
work out.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In E1 enter:

=INDIRECT("A" &4* ROW()-2) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200901

"Confusicous" wrote:

I have a list of names in Column A and the names appear every 4 lines down.
A2, A6, A10... In column E I just want the names to appear and this has 6,000
lines on the spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get this to
work out.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Put this in E1 and drag down as far as required

=INDIRECT("A"&2+(ROW(A1)-1)*4)

Mike

"Confusicous" wrote:

I have a list of names in Column A and the names appear every 4 lines down.
A2, A6, A10... In column E I just want the names to appear and this has 6,000
lines on the spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get this to
work out.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range of interest.
Right clickCopy
Select the first destination cell
Right clickPaste
With the detination range still selected
EditGo toSpecialBlanksOK
Then EditDeleteShift cells upOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Confusicous" wrote in message
I have a list of names in Column A and the names appear every 4 lines down.
A2, A6, A10... In column E I just want the names to appear and this has
6,000
lines on the spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get this
work out.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub getevery4throw()
mc = 1 ' col A
r = 2
For i = 2 To Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row Step 4
Cells(r, mc + 4) = Cells(i, mc)
r = r + 1
Next i

Don Guillett