Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel startup

I want to have a footer set for all the sheets in a workbook by default. So
that whenever i open excel the footer is on all the sheets.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Right click the sheet tabSelect all Sheets
--From menu FilePageSetupHeader/Footer tab Set the footer..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Raju" wrote:

I want to have a footer set for all the sheets in a workbook by default. So
that whenever i open excel the footer is on all the sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the response. However, this will not help me get the footer on
any new excel workbook that i open. The following will set the footer only on
the current workbook. (FYI.. i am using Excel 2007)

"Raju" wrote:

I want to have a footer set for all the sheets in a workbook by default. So
that whenever i open excel the footer is on all the sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the same for Personal.XLSB which resides in C:\Documents and
Settings\<username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Raju" wrote:

I want to have a footer set for all the sheets in a workbook by default. So
that whenever i open excel the footer is on all the sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you dont have a personal file then Open a new workbook and make the
changes as mentioned in the previous post..Hit Office Button, Save As and
name the file as 'Book.xlstx' (Change the Save as Type to Excel Template
*.xltx) and save save the file in the \XLStart folder

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Raju" wrote:

I want to have a footer set for all the sheets in a workbook by default. So
that whenever i open excel the footer is on all the sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you!! Jacob. These were the steps i was expecting. I had followed a
similar process in 2003 but didn't know the exact locations in 2007.

I have still not been able to resolve my issue since i am not able to open
the Documents and Settings folder in Vista. Looks like tat is a link and not
a folder anymore. Am still researching on how to get to the XLSTART folder.

Thank you for you help though. Please let me know if you are aware of this
issue.