Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort list of names

I have a list of employee names in column "A" and the total hrs they worked
for a specific date range in column "B". Some of the employees work in
differnet departments so their name shows up twice with 2 different hour
totals. I need to be able to sum the total amount of hours worked for each
individuals total hrs work for all departments for a specific time frame. I
want to have a list of all the employee names in colum "C" with total hrs
work for all combined deparments in column "D".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Advanced Filter to get a list of unique names as described at the bottom
of this page http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/exfilter.htm and then use the
SUMIF function as described at http://allaboutoffice.co.uk/exsumif.htm to
total the hours for each person.

Andrea Jones