Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link won't break in Exel.

I accidantly copied a worksheet from another workbook into my Excel file and
then moved it back. Now I get a link update message each time I open the
file. I go to Edit Links and select "break link" but it won't go away. I
have tried searching for the link in the workbook and it finds nothing. What
can I do to get rid of this erroneous link?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this:
in your spreadsheet, hit Ctrl + backwards apostrophe - it's the button
(usually) to the left of the number one button above the Q button.
make sense? LOL.
when you do that, it will "open" up all your formulas, and will also
open up links, making them easily visible. then you can delete it
manually.
then hit Ctrl + backwards apostrophe again to "zip up" your formulas.
hope that helps.
:)
susan

On Aug 20, 2:10*pm, Linda R. <Linda
wrote:
I accidantly copied a worksheet from another workbook into my Excel file and
then moved it back. *Now I get a link update message each time I open the
file. *I go to Edit Links and select "break link" but it won't go away. *I
have tried searching for the link in the workbook and it finds nothing. *What
can I do to get rid of this erroneous link?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your "link" could be in "refers to:" for a named range.

Have a look under InsertNameDefine.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP