Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I combine rows into one row, besides copying and pasting?

I have weekly data for study subjects, in separate rows in Excel. I want to
create one long row for each subject to prepare for SPSS analysis. I know I
could copy and paste, but wondered if there was an easier way to do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Beth Daranciang,

To best describe or illustrate your problem you would be better off
attaching a dummy workbook, the workbook should contain the same
structure and some dummy data of the same type as the type you have in
your real workbook - so, if a cell contains numbers & letters in this
format abc-123 then that should be reflected in the dummy workbook.

Please supply a before and after sheet in the workbook so the person
helping you can see what you are trying to achieve.

Scroll down and see "Manage Attachments".

Have a great day,
Stan

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Beth Daranciang,

As i understand from your question, here is solution :
if u want to merge A1 to A5 in B1,
in B1 type "=A1&A2&A3&A4&A5" (WITHOUT QUOTES)

in case if u want space in between those lines,
in B1 type "=A1&" "&A2&" "&A3&" "&A4&" "&A5" (WITHOUT QUOTES)

add all those cells you want to merge in the above manner

clicke yes below, if it helps