Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF command and copying and pasting whole rows

Hello,

I have around 10 sheets all with information occuring on a specific date. I
am going to create another sheet within this spreadsheet. On this sheet will
be a date cell. When I type in that date, I would like it to populate rows
with information that is on the other sheets. Meaning there will be multiple
amounts of information being populated into the rows of this main sheet from
the other sheets that has that specific date. Any clue? My idea is
=if(sheet1!g1=sheet2!A:A,sheet1!B5:B10=sheet2!row( 3:7)=g1,) That means if
g1(the date) is equal to any other date on sheet2 in column A, then on sheet
1 in cell B5:B10 all information in the row 3 to 7 from sheet 2 that equals
g1(the date) will be copied into the cells B5:B10, And if it is not the same
date nothing will appear. Is this possible???