Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CTRL+Left-Click for Copying Non-Adjacent Cells Not Working

I just received a new factory-imaged HDD with Windows Vista Home Premium and
installed my copy of MS Office Professional 2007.

Upon working with a one of my Excel files, I wanted to select a number of
non-adjacent cells to format identically. However, after I right-clicked and
applied preferred formatting, it was only applied to the last set of cells
selected.

Performing this action again -- while holding down CTRL and selecting the
data -- Excel would only recognize the most recent set of cells and not the
total number of cells. But, if I selected one set of cells, press the CTRL
key and select the next set and continue this process (let go of CTRL and
depress again prior to selecting the next set of cells) everything works
fine.

This is not "normal" functioning of Excel as my system at the office works
as expected -- to select non-adjacent cells you keep the CTRL depressed.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to correct this issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might have the EXT set, take a look here 'Microsoft office help and
blog for Excel, Access, Powerpoint...etc, tips and tricks even
tutorials.'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/blog/2009...ard-shortcuts/) so
you can see which key combination you may have hit to affect it!

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=125785

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It should be an on/off thing, if you have turned it off and saved the
workbook it should be that way in subsequent workbooks.

(http://www.thecodecage.com/blog/2009...rd-shortcuts/)) so

mikedhmsu;454359 Wrote:
[...]

'Microsoft Office Help' ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help -

Microsoft Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon

Lloyd' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: 'CTRL+Left-Click for Copying Non-Adjacent Cells Not

Working - The Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=125785)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=125785

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mikedhmsu;454359 Wrote:
[...]

Simon Lloyd's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=125785

Hi again...

This fix is not permanent. I am still having the same issue and it's
very frustrating. As of now, I am thinking this issue is caused by a
patch of some sort. Does anyone else have this issue?

I even tried uninstalling and re-install Office 2007 with no luck.