Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default office 2003 excel files are not showing up in 2007

I recently purchased a new computer and we transferred everything from Office
2003 from my old computer. I installed Office 2007. We transferred all the
files but now I cant see my excel files that were in Office 2003. How do I
get them back.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you find any of your .xls file on the new system by opening the file
browser and searching for *.xls ? That should tell you where they are, or
that they are no longer on the machine. Be sure to search system and hidden
files also.

If the installation of Office 2007 wiped them all out, you may have to
simply bring up the old machine long enough to burn your .xls files to CD or
thumb drive or otherwise transfer them from it to the new machine.