Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Retaining additional row info on refreshing data table

Hi,

I hope someone can help as I cannot find an answer anywhere.

Basically, I have setup a Microsoft SQL Query which I import into a
spreadsheet. I have added one or two extra columns manually so I can make
notes against each row of data.

However, when I refresh the data (which is done a lot as data is always
changing) it can mess up the adidtional columns i created manually and can
cause the notes I made to be positioned against a different row!

Does anyone know how I can refresh the data in a way it can keep the notes i
added manually for each row?

Any help will be much appreciated!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the only way I can see keeping the notes is to create a table on a different
worksheet with the Id name (the key for the query) in the 1st column and the
note in a second column. the on the sheet with the query you can add a
VLOOKUP formula that looks up the ID Name on the new sheet and returns the
note.

"Rach" wrote:

Hi,

I hope someone can help as I cannot find an answer anywhere.

Basically, I have setup a Microsoft SQL Query which I import into a
spreadsheet. I have added one or two extra columns manually so I can make
notes against each row of data.

However, when I refresh the data (which is done a lot as data is always
changing) it can mess up the adidtional columns i created manually and can
cause the notes I made to be positioned against a different row!

Does anyone know how I can refresh the data in a way it can keep the notes i
added manually for each row?

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you! I THINK its working ok, so time will tell!

(My main issue is when a piece of data gets added in the middle of existing
data, but I think this appears to be working ok using this method!!)