Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Check Box (Form Control)

In Excel 2007, I want to put in a check box that will be in sync with date
information on the spreadsheet. For example, column A has the check box,
column B - item description, column C - date. If I wanted to sort my
spreadsheet by date, let's say, how do I get the checked (or unchecked) box
to move with that data sort?

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are 2 aspects to making this happen. In the properties of the control
when you right click and select format control ensure that the option button
Move but Don't Size with Cells
is selected. The other requirements is that the check box must reside
entirely in one cell. So column A cells must be large enough to entirely fit
the check box within it's borders.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson