Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing Workbooks

I want to be able to have each tab with multiple pages print out as page X of
Y and not of the entire workbook. Isnt there some way to designate each tab
as its own entity and be able to print the workbook in its entirety while
still showing they are separate pieces?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you print one sheet at a time, it'll work the way you want.

If you want to print the entire workbook, you could use a macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim sh As Object
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
sh.PrintOut preview:=True
Next sh
End Sub

(I used preview:=true to save a few trees while testing.)

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson