Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Application Hang with Excel

sarah wrote:

Please help!! Whenever I use Excel, it hangs- it will either freeze when
trying to OPEN an existing spreadsheet, or sometimes the file will open and
when I try to SAVE modifications it will freeze and all my edits are lost.
This only happens with Excel- no other office programs. Each time this
happens, the event log has 2 errors:

This discussion belongs in an Excel group. I've crossposted it to one
for you.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 8/12/2009
Time: 8:54:11 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOTS79
Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.8307.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 45 58 43 45 4c 2e EXCEL.
0018: 45 58 45 20 31 31 2e 30 EXE 11.0
0020: 2e 38 33 30 37 2e 30 20 .8307.0
0028: 69 6e 20 68 75 6e 67 61 in hunga
0030: 70 70 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 pp 0.0.0
0038: 2e 30 20 61 74 20 6f 66 .0 at of
0040: 66 73 65 74 20 30 30 30 fset 000
0048: 30 30 30 30 30 00000

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 8/12/2009
Time: 8:54:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOTS79
Fault bucket 1311534839.

Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 31 33 31 31 35 33 34 38 13115348
0010: 33 39 0d 0a 39..

I have run and rerun all virus protection and spyware programs with no
success. I also used the Detect and Repair on Excel with no luck.
I am so frustrated. . does anyone have any suggestions as to how to repair?

Thank You.

Date: 8/12/2009
Time: 8:54:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOTS79
Fault bucket 1311534839.

Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 31 33 31 31 35 33 34 38 13115348
0010: 33 39 0d 0a 39..

I have run and rerun all virus protection and spyware programs with no
success. I also used the Detect and Repair on Excel with no luck.
I am so frustrated. . does anyone have any suggestions as to how to repair?

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bennett Marco,

have you tried registering excel again. if not, follow the undernoted
procedure :

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run €“ €œexcel /unregserver €œ
then Windows Start Button|Run €“ €œexcel /regserver €œ

The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets some of the windows registry to
excel's factory defaults.

click yes below, if it helps

Date: 8/12/2009
Time: 8:54:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOTS79
Fault bucket 1311534839.

Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 31 33 31 31 35 33 34 38 13115348
0010: 33 39 0d 0a 39..

I have run and rerun all virus protection and spyware programs with no
success. I also used the Detect and Repair on Excel with no luck.
I am so frustrated. . does anyone have any suggestions as to how to repair?

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm having this issue as well. Did the above fix work for anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jc98" wrote in message
I'm having this issue as well. Did the above fix work for anyone?

Unless you post the full text of the original question, nobody knows what
you're talking about. Futhermore, since this is an Excel question,
cross-posting it into WindowsXP.general is probably not appropriate.

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:39:02 -0800, jc98
wrote:

I'm having this issue as well. Did the above fix work for anyone?

Under the world wide web , I can`t see the "above fix " .