Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help in Combining If formula with Vlookup

I am tring to create a formula with the IF and Vlookup function to
return whether or nor an account is "new" or "exisiting". To make
thingsdifficult, the lookup is coming from two different source.

Lets say I have column A as point of reference, where all accounts
are. I would like to create a formula on column B where IF "A1" is
equal to any accounts listed "C1 to C3", return "exisitng", if not
look at "D1 to D3" iF "A1" is equal to any accounts listed return
"exisiting", if not "new"

I was using formula If(a1=Vlookup(a1,c1:c3,1,false),"exisitng",if
(a1=Vlookup(a1,d1:d3,1,false), "exisiting", "new")

Need anyones input about this!!! much appreciated!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:43:57 -0700 (PDT), Excel newbie
wrote:

I am tring to create a formula with the IF and Vlookup function to
return whether or nor an account is "new" or "exisiting". To make
thingsdifficult, the lookup is coming from two different source.

Lets say I have column A as point of reference, where all accounts
are. I would like to create a formula on column B where IF "A1" is
equal to any accounts listed "C1 to C3", return "exisitng", if not
look at "D1 to D3" iF "A1" is equal to any accounts listed return
"exisiting", if not "new"

I was using formula If(a1=Vlookup(a1,c1:c3,1,false),"exisitng",if
(a1=Vlookup(a1,d1:d3,1,false), "exisiting", "new")

Need anyones input about this!!! much appreciated!!!!!!!

Try this formula:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,C1:C3,1,FALSE)),IF(ISNA(VLOOKU P(A1,D1:D3,1,FALSE)),"new","existing"),"existing")

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:
I am tring to create a formula with the IF and Vlookup function to
return whether or nor an account is "new" or "exisiting". *To make
thingsdifficult, the lookup is coming from two different source.

Lets say I have column A as point of reference, where all accounts
are. I would like to create a formula on column B where IF "A1" is
equal to any accounts listed "C1 to C3", return "exisitng", if not
look at "D1 to D3" iF "A1" is equal to any accounts listed return
"exisiting", if not "new"

I was using formula If(a1=Vlookup(a1,c1:c3,1,false),"exisitng",if
(a1=Vlookup(a1,d1:d3,1,false), "exisiting", "new")

Need anyones input about this!!! much appreciated!!!!!!!

Try this formula:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,C1:C3,1,FALSE)),IF(ISNA(VLOOKU P(A1,D1:D3,1,FALSE)),"new*","existing"),"existing" )

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

HEY THIS WORKS GREAT - AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!