Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining VLookup and IF statements

Hello,
I found lots of info on this site, but not quite the right combination and I
can't quite get it to work.

I'm trying to vlookup values between 2 tables to return a date in a
particular column. If date there, then Y else N.

1st table - equation in columns with Y & N using 1st column as lookup in 2nd
table.
A3KG Three Kings Y Y Y Y N
AABR Airport Bridge Y Y N N N
AAHP Auckland Hosp N N N N N

2nd table - return value where date column is 0
A3KG 31-Jul-08 17-Jul-08 22-Aug-08
AABR 29-Aug-08
AAHP

The vlookup seems to work, but returns "N/A" which I'm assuming is a text
mismatch error.

I hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The vlookup seems to work, but returns "N/A"
which I'm assuming is a text mismatch error.

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--
Biff