Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging or "Merging"

I know this issue has been addressed and brought up a million times before,
but, I'm compelled to say after dealing with this all day that:

"This selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one-cell will
keep the upper-left most data only"

....is the dumbest, logic, ever.

No....duh I'm attempting to 'Merge' two cells of data. I love even more
when, on the same error message if you click the "show help" button, it
basically shows you that clicking cancel will stop the operation. Duh. I've
read the forums and know that the issue is with the actual definition of
"Merge" and the equation solution to go around it, but that's pretty
technical for something with a picture menu. Who's Microsoft trying to
market this 'new' product too?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kind of like having
"No Merging From This Lane"