Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How Can I Globally change Address of Hyperlinks?

I seem to know just enough about Excel to be dangerous, and therein
lies my question.

I have a spreadsheet (1 sheet) that has some 600 (and climbing) rows,
one column of each having a hyperlink to a file on an external drive.
Eventually, all the linked files will be moved to another disk and the
links changed to that new drive's location.

Is there a way to globally change the links to the other disk when the
project is completed. I have stopped adding links until I discover a
way, for I really don't want to do the changes manually one at a time!

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers--

Terry--WB4FXD
Edenton, NC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Two ways:
If you are using the HYPERLINK function, it's as simple as doing a Find &
replace.

If you used a base address to setup embedded hyperlinks (see XL help file
article "Set the base address for the hyperlinks in a workbook") you can
simply change this from the File - Properties, summary dialogue.

If you chose option 3, where you inserting a hyperlink into each cell using
a full file extension, you will probably have to setup a macro that loops
through your cells, takes current hyperlink address, and changes it to new
desired address.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M