Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I click on a telephone number in an Excel 2002 spreadsheet, and have the number dialed?

I have a large address book as an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. I have one column
for the area code, another for the telephone number. Is there a way to get
a telephone number to dial through my telephone by selecting or clicking on
it.

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I click on a telephone number in an Excel 2002 spreadsheet

A search for 'use Excel to dial phone numbers' turns up lots of goodies:

A couple of commercial products:
http://www.activecallcenter.com/
http://www.phonedialerpro.com/index_pro.htm

And free solutions to the same question asked a few times over the years:
From back in 2000
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...25f7c76845e7c3
From 2001
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f72ce57e88434b
From 2003
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c1eed03cb977d0

And of course Google groups has even mo
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=di...roup%3A*excel*

"jbclem" wrote:

I have a large address book as an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. I have one column
for the area code, another for the telephone number. Is there a way to get
a telephone number to dial through my telephone by selecting or clicking on
it.

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for all the links...this gets me pointed in the right direction.

jc

"JLatham" wrote in message
A search for 'use Excel to dial phone numbers' turns up lots of goodies:

A couple of commercial products:
http://www.activecallcenter.com/
http://www.phonedialerpro.com/index_pro.htm

And free solutions to the same question asked a few times over the years:
From back in 2000

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ing/browse_frm
/thread/687a7aa0bef65acc/2225f7c76845e7c3?lnk=st&q=tapi+excel&rnum=14&hl=en #
2225f7c76845e7c3
From 2001

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...t.functions/br
owse_frm/thread/5dd650c4cab045bc/1ff72ce57e88434b#1ff72ce57e88434b
From 2003

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ing/browse_frm
/thread/694ae37bcc160af9/1dc1eed03cb977d0?lnk=st&q=tapi+excel&rnum=25&hl=en #
1dc1eed03cb977d0