Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with worksheet function

I am trying to acheive the following formula: starting with 420 for the first
seven cells I want to deduct 14 at the next set of seven cells down as
follows:
J3=420
J4=420
J5=420
J6=420
J7=420
J8=420
J9=420
J10 to J17=406
J18 to J24=392
J25 to J32=378
And so on all the way down.
Please help. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try...

J3, copied down:

=420-INT((ROWS(J$3:J3)-1)/7)*14

--
Domenic
Microsoft Excel MVP

In article ,
Josh W wrote:

I am trying to acheive the following formula: starting with 420 for the first
seven cells I want to deduct 14 at the next set of seven cells down as
follows:
J3=420
J4=420
J5=420
J6=420
J7=420
J8=420
J9=420
J10 to J17=406
J18 to J24=392
J25 to J32=378
And so on all the way down.
Please help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

J10:J17 is actually 8 cells but I assume that to be a typo...
In cell J10 add the formula
=J3-14

copy that down and it should work... No need to be any fancier than that...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Josh W" wrote:

I am trying to acheive the following formula: starting with 420 for the first
seven cells I want to deduct 14 at the next set of seven cells down as
follows:
J3=420
J4=420
J5=420
J6=420
J7=420
J8=420
J9=420
J10 to J17=406
J18 to J24=392
J25 to J32=378
And so on all the way down.
Please help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks! Learning new things all the time.

"Domenic" wrote:

Try...

J3, copied down:

=420-INT((ROWS(J$3:J3)-1)/7)*14