Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Which worksheet function would I use?

I have a master spreadsheet with distributor, product, and cost listed. I
would like to have a separate worksheet for each distributor and populate
each sheet with only the data from that distributor. What function would i
use?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It really wouldn't be a "function" but rather a process of some sort
such as a PivotTable or Data Query.

For instance, you could create a pivot table and use distributor in the
Page field. Once created, you can have Excel automatically generate a
separate "page" for each distributor in the database.

If you already know the names of each distributor, you could use the
Data Import External Data to create a query that bring in only that
data that matches the distributor query.

Good luck.

- John

http://www.johnmichl.com/exceltips.htm

plunk25 wrote:
I have a master spreadsheet with distributor, product, and cost listed. I
would like to have a separate worksheet for each distributor and populate
each sheet with only the data from that distributor. What function would i
use?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might be able to use a pivot table. Create the pivot placing your
distributor at the top and then use Show Pages to create seperate sheets for
each distributor...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson