Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sharing workbooks

Hi,
I just wanna know if it's possible to share a workbook for one user and at
the same time making it read-only for other user(s).

Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What would be the purpose of sharing if only one user can write to the
workbook?

The purpose of shared workbooks is to allow multiple users to open and edit
simultaneously.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 12:06:01 -0700, peyman
wrote:

Hi,
I just wanna know if it's possible to share a workbook for one user and at
the same time making it read-only for other user(s).

Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MFS MFS is offline

Hi peyman,

Check this page - Part 4 (Share data with other people):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...189871033.aspx

It is A roadmap to Excel 2007 training provided by Microsoft Office, but it
might help you.
If you still do not have Office 2007, I recommend that you try it, because
there are many things Microsoft Office has improved, you may refer to this
page to understand what has been changed and how to use it.

--
MFS22

"peyman" wrote:

Hi,
I just wanna know if it's possible to share a workbook for one user and at
the same time making it read-only for other user(s).

Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,
It doesn't seem to be weird if you make a file shared to some users and at
the same time Read-only for other users. For example , for a shipping plan
excel file, I need it shared for Plannig Manager and Production Manager so
that they can update it but at the same time I need my Shipping department
only see the shipping plan with no access to change any data on the file.
I hope it's clear for you.
Peyman