Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OJ OJ is offline

Default Help With Formula Please

I am trying to get a sum of a column (B1:B2000), but I would only like it to
add a specific value in that row if a specific criteria is met in a different
Column but same row (C1:C2000)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mention the criteria in cell D1 and use the below formula

D1 = criteria
=SUMIF(C1:C2000,D1,B1:B2000)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"OJ" wrote:

I am trying to get a sum of a column (B1:B2000), but I would only like it to
add a specific value in that row if a specific criteria is met in a different
Column but same row (C1:C2000)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OJ OJ is offline

Thanks for the Post, but it didn't work, I get a value of 0 right now. So I
am trying to get everything in Column B to add up if a specific criteria is
met on the same row as the number it should add to the total? Does that make
sense

"OJ" wrote:

I am trying to get a sum of a column (B1:B2000), but I would only like it to
add a specific value in that row if a specific criteria is met in a different
Column but same row (C1:C2000)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try with the below example D1 contains the criteria 'A' and E1 contains the
formula. Should return sum of ColB for matching values of 'A' in ColC

ColB ColC ColD ColE
100 A A =SUMIF(C1:C2000,D1,B1:B2000)
100 A
150 B