Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default get mm-dd only from another cell with mm-dd-yyyy

How do I do this?

A1 = 02-01-2009. I want A4 to copy just the month & day of A1.

I'm sure it's super easy, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it -
thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could keep it a date and just show the stuff you want:
=A1
and give it a nice format (MMM-DD)

or make it text
=text(a1,"mmm-dd")

It kind of depends on why you want to do this.

--

Dave Peterson