Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Nested hlookup/vlookup (possibly just an if statement though?!?)

Hi there
Have two sets of data on two different worksheets as such:

1st set:
Week Day Date UK Pages
1 Mon 05/10/2009 80
1 Tue 06/10/2009 80
1 Wed 07/10/2009 96
1 Thu 08/10/2009 88
1 Fri 09/10/2009 104
1 Sat 10/10/2009 120
2 Mon 12/10/2009 80
2 Tue 13/10/2009 80
2 Wed 14/10/2009 96
2 Thu 15/10/2009 96
2 Fri 16/10/2009 104
2 Sat 17/10/2009 120
3 Mon 19/10/2009 80
3 Tue 20/10/2009 80
3 Wed 21/10/2009 80
3 Thu 22/10/2009 96
3 Fri 23/10/2009 104
3 Sat 24/10/2009 120

2nd set:
WEEK MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
1 80 80 96 88 104 120
2 80 80 96 96 104 120
3 80 80 80 96 104 120

I'm trying to get the horizontal 2nd set figures into the vertical column of
the 1st set under UK pages.
So far I have this:
=IF(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!$A$5:$A$56,1,FALSE),HLOOKUP( Sheet1!B3,Sheet2!$D$4:$I$56,2,FALSE),0)

This returns the correct value, but as I copy the formula down for week 2 I
have to manually update the hlookup row number by one for each new week. I
have plenty of weeks to do and this is going to take ages.
Is there a shortcut?
Please let me know if you need any more info, any help is greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not replace the row callout with cell reference? Since week 1 is in row
2, we can do A3+1.

=IF(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!$A$5:$A$56,1,FALSE),HLOOKUP( Sheet1!B3,Sheet2!$D$4:$I$56,A3+1,FALSE),0)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M