Ajay

Default Problem with data using IF and Nested IF statements possibly???

Afternoon All
I am attempting to analyse data from multiple worksheets from numerous
people the incoming data all has one thing in common column A this is a
certain frequency a job is done. The problem is that there are many ways of
entering the data ie 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days all essentially
meaning the same thing.
My idea is to collate the data in col A and then using the Helper column as
the standard frequencies ie if cell A1 = 12 months, closes frequency in
helper is 52 weeks therefore value in C1 = 52 weeks. By using an IF
statement I can change the value of one frequency as above however when it
comes to manipulating all of the different possible values in A I get a bit
lost. This may not be practical if so please let me know and I will get some
sleep
Thanks in Advance
Ajay

Col A Helper Col Col C
12 Months 4weeks 52 weeks
182 Days 8weeks
24 Months 12 weeks
26 Weeks 13 weeks
28 Days 17 weeks
36 Months 26 weeks
3 Months 52 weeks
4 Months 104 weeks
52 Weeks 156 weeks
6 Months
90 Days

Frank Kabel

Hi
provide us with your exact mapping rules and the source values.
Probably a VLOOKUP formula would do. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Ajay" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Ajay

Morning Frank,
Not entirely sure what your after Frank; If one looks at Column A below I
want to convert them all into weeks format to standardise the data from the
different sources. Eg 6 Months and 182 Days (Col A) will become 26 Weeks, 28
Days will become 4 weeks follow this format for all the values in col A below.
12 months = 52 weeks, 90 days and 3 months = 13 weeks, 24 Months = 104
weeks, 4 months = 17 weeks, 36 months = 156 weeks.
Let me know if you need more info thanks once again for your help Frank
Ajay