Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Workbook does not open by default in Excel 2007

Im having an issue where each time I open Excel it opens to a blank page
instead of opening the default workbook.

I can upload a default document to XLSTART but that changes where I save my
docs. I have another PC with the exact same settings under options and it
opens a three page workbook by default, there are no documents in the XLSTART
directory either.

Is there a way to manually get Excel to open its default 3 page workbook
besides using the XLSTART workaround?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS, PL GO THRU THE QUESTIONS POSTED ALREADY ON THIS SITE.

HERE IS THE REPLY GIVEN EARLIER BY SOMEONE
Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking
on the file in windows explorer:

Tools | Options | General | : Ignore other applications (uncheck it)
or
Close Excel and
Start Button | Run - excel / unregserver then
Start Button | Run - excel / regserver

factory defaults.

CLICK YES, IF IT HELPS