Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default update graphs automatically either from same book or a new spreads

Hi and thank you in advance for your help.
I have a spreadsheet called Data Status. It is updated daily, throughout the
day with many fields of information.

I have created a seperate spreadsheet where I keep a summary of this data. I
call this my graphing spreadsheet. So once a week I copy and paste a summary
(that I created on data status) to my graph spreadsheet. On the second and
third tab of the graph sheet I have many graphs which get their data from the
first tab.

When I update the graphs I have to go into each one every time and change
the ranges. (The summary data I add is on a new row everytime so i have to
change the date range and information range, bearing in mind i have over 30
graphs many with 4 or more fields)

Is there a way that these graphs can either be updated from the original
data status (bearing in mind that it is saved as a new version everyday) or a
way that when I just copy and paste the new data into the graph spreadsheet
that it just updates the graphs?

I am not very good with macros and other 'fancy advanced' uses of excel.
However I can use most of the formulas. Please be gentle with your advice!
And thank you in advance again!
Helen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create Dynamic Ranges for your graph data sources.

These will expand/contract to fit the source ranges.

See Stephen Bullen's site to download a sample workbook that shows you how.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

Scroll down to FunChrt1.zip and download the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP