Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data connection and formatting problem

Hello,

I keep a log in Excel that's connected to some data that's stored elsewhere.
I've shaded some of the cells in the log to indicate to myself that they're
going to remain blank (as opposed to cells that are blank because I need to
enter the data that belongs in them). However, if I re-sort the list, or if I
refresh the data and a row is added that goes above any of the other ones,
the data moves up or down a row, but the formatting stays in the same cells.
Is there any way to link the formatting to the data in my log?

Thanks,

Kathleen