Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protection permissions

I have a worksheet that I have password protected but want to allow users to
delete rows. The 'delete rows' box is checked when protected but will not
allow users to delete. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"epc.steff" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that I have password protected but want to allow users
delete rows. The 'delete rows' box is checked when protected but will not
allow users to delete. Any suggestions?

"Microsoft has added password protection capability to many features in
Office to help prevent unauthorized access to important information." In
other words it works on trying to open a file. It has nothing to do with
what may be done to the file once it is open. For that you need to look
elsewhere.

Bill R

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If ANY cell in the row to delete is locked, you cannot delete the row even
after "allowing" row deletion.

If that meets your situation you must code to unprotect, delete then
re-protect.

ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
ActiveSheet.Protect AllowDeletingRows:=True

Of course you must add any other functions you want allowed when
re-protecting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:46:02 -0700, epc.steff
wrote:

I have a worksheet that I have password protected but want to allow users to
delete rows. The 'delete rows' box is checked when protected but will not
allow users to delete. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bill

Have a look at Excel help under workbook and worksheet protection.

There are several types of protection.........only one of which is "file
open" protection that you refer to.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP