Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PRINTING HELP

Hi, I have a huge excel file that lists transactions by peoples names. How
can I easily print each individual on seperate sheets so that non of the
individuals overlap onto others sheets?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do each individual appear on their own row? if so how many columns do
they take up?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=121908

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the below macro. which will put page breaks after each name...I
tried this with the names below in Col A.

Sub InsertPageBreak()
Dim lngRow As Long
For lngRow = 3 To Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
If Range("A" & lngRow) < Range("A" & lngRow - 1) Then
ActiveWindow.ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=Range("A" & lngRow)
End If
Next
End Sub

ColA
Name1
Name1
Name1
Name1
Name1
Name2
Name2
Name2
Name2
Name3
Name3
Name3
Name3
Name3
Name3
Name4
Name4
Name4
Name4

If you are new to macros; set the Security level to low/medium in
(Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11.
From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. Save. Get back to
Workbook. Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected macro()

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Dave" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge excel file that lists transactions by peoples names. How
can I easily print each individual on seperate sheets so that non of the
individuals overlap onto others sheets?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi dave,

kindly look possibility of using filters to the file. i strongly feel that
using filter can solve your problem.

select all the data u r having - click on data - filter - autofilter

click on the small downward arrow appearing on the top row and select the
name of the individual u want to take print, and try to take the print.

if it helps, kindly click on yes below

"Dave" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge excel file that lists transactions by peoples names. How
can I easily print each individual on seperate sheets so that non of the
individuals overlap onto others sheets?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

use data/subtotals there is a checkbox option to put a page break between
groups, very easy

"Dave" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge excel file that lists transactions by peoples names. How
can I easily print each individual on seperate sheets so that non of the
individuals overlap onto others sheets?

Thanks

Excel Printing --Borders are not printing on the same page as data Stup88 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 7th 07 09:34 AM
Printing a heading on each new page when printing Brian Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 15th 06 05:22 PM
Printing Al New Users to Excel 1 December 14th 05 02:59 PM
Printing Al Excel Worksheet Functions 2 December 14th 05 02:59 PM
Enable Double sided printing contiuously when printing multiple s. Lee Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 27th 04 01:58 AM