Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Excel to Quicken 2009

Does anyone know of a program or macro that will convert an Excel 2007
spreadsheet into a format (QFX?) that can be imported into Quicken 2009?

Thanks in advance
--
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I wrote a custom macro for somebody earlier this year. But it is different
for for each quicken file. Quicken will import CSV data and you can save CSV
from excel using File - SAVEAS and selecting CSV. You can then build your
Quicken database.

If you are going to do this a lot then I recommend developing a custom
macro. What I did the last time was to work backwards. Build your quicken
database. The export the quicken Database to CSV format. You should be able
to import that same CSV file back into quicken. The reason for exporting the
quicken data is to get the proper format of the quicken database.

Then you can write a custom macro in excel VBA to export the excel database
to match you quicken database..