Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting when text is contained in a named range

I have a workbook in which sheet 1 contains employee assignments for the
upcoming week.

Sheet 2 contains several dynamic named ranges. I have one for each project
manager in the firm with a list of the projects currently assigned to them.

I want to create conditional formatting rules to change the cells on sheet 1
if data is contained in one of the named ranges.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Hugh,

Use a formula in the Conditional format to count the cells in the named
range that have data in them. If greater than zero then at least one cell has
data.

Example assumes Manager1 is a named range.

=COUNTIF(Manager1,"""") 0

OssieMac