Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lists

What is the order that I would need to undertake for the following

I have many tables that have different names. I would like to list each
table under a specific name and then have a list of the specific names that
represent each table with a dropdown list representative of that table. Also
would like the tables to be updated if someone wanted to add and item that is
not there.

Sincerely,

Robin Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

More info with before/after examples or

If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Robin" wrote in message

What is the order that I would need to undertake for the following

I have many tables that have different names. I would like to list each
table under a specific name and then have a list of the specific names
that
represent each table with a dropdown list representative of that table.
Also
would like the tables to be updated if someone wanted to add and item that
is
not there.

Sincerely,

Robin Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an example

name of table 1st
2nd

a b c
d e f
1 4 7
11 14 17
2 5 8
12 15 18
3 6 9
13 16 19

Then to have the tables drop down in the next list (I would also like the
tables to be added to if necessary , but am having a problem because cannot
finednamedefine after insert)

Name of table
1st Would like the cell to drop down
2nd Would like it to drop down to select.

Also, I would like the data that they cell name that they select to be able
to update the data on the excel spread sheet, can this be linked to the
replace data after the find the original term since there are multiple cells
that might have this name. this is to make the spread sheet more general and
user friendly so that they may be able to select or add their specific terms
to the columns in excel.

Sincerely,

Robin