Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can protect an Excel spreadsheet with a password

Hello,

I created an Excel spredsheet to calculate the tips from the restaurant I am
working at, it took me 50 hours to create it. So I was doing this work from
my home on my free time and I was paid by the waiters, with theire agrement
to do it. Now the resort I am working for just want to take my mork away from
me, they are trying to call some peopple to crack the protection password I
instaled on this spreadsheet. I spent a lot of time doing this and I do not
want someone stiiling my work. Could you please help me to find a solution to
my problem? Can create a patent for this work ?
Thank you for your time.
Salutations
Pascal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can save the workbook with a password.
This is reasonably secure
You cannot patent a workbook but you can claim copyright by placing
something like this in A1
© Pascal Pinault 2009
Give a copy of the workbook to your lawyer
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP