Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default last entry in a range?

Excel '07 on Windows XP
Working on a YTD summary sheet for 12 month workbook. Each sheet is
calulating a monthly inventory variance, with beginning inventory in cell B17
and ending inventory in cell B19. I will set the summary sheet to use the
beginning Inventory from cell B17 on teh October sheet( fiscal year not
calendar). Is there a way I can fill in cell B19 with last entry in cell B19
from worksheets October:September. I wnat teh summary page to report ending
inventory for the last month which has an Ending inventory entry.
I need to fuidn and report the last entry in cells October!B19, November!19,
December!19, January!19 , etc through September!19.

Has anyone solved a similar situation? Have suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance for your input
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,

Where you want the formula type =SUM(
then click the sheet tab for the first month, say October,
then click cell B19
then hold down the Shift key and click the last sheet, say September

the resulting formula will look like this

=SUM(October:September!B19)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JR Hester" wrote:

Excel '07 on Windows XP
Working on a YTD summary sheet for 12 month workbook. Each sheet is
calulating a monthly inventory variance, with beginning inventory in cell B17
and ending inventory in cell B19. I will set the summary sheet to use the
beginning Inventory from cell B17 on teh October sheet( fiscal year not
calendar). Is there a way I can fill in cell B19 with last entry in cell B19
from worksheets October:September. I wnat teh summary page to report ending
inventory for the last month which has an Ending inventory entry.
I need to fuidn and report the last entry in cells October!B19, November!19,
December!19, January!19 , etc through September!19.

Has anyone solved a similar situation? Have suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance for your input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don't need the sum, I just need the
value of cell B19 in the last worksheet in the workbook which has an entry in
cell B19. The worksheets are labeled with the months of the year starting
with October and ending with September.