Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Connecting Excel 2007 to MySQL db?

Hi,

I would like to set up a complete new report in Excel which needs to get
data from a MySQL database. I have Excel sheets where the connection works
(the ODBC connector should work). But I have problems getting the connector
to work in the new sheet.

In Excel I choose Data -- From Other Sources -- From SQL Server. The 'Data
Connection Wizard' appears. Next I should enter the 'Server name' and
username and password that should be used. When I press Next this results in
the following error message:
[DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]The SQL-server does not exist or access
to the server is refused

What do I need to perform to get the connection working?

Abel