bawar

Default MySQL and excel

Hey, I can say I belong to the newbies in this subject. I own my own
website with mySQL-databases, but now I have to show one table of
those mySQL-databases in an excel worksheet. It is the intention that
the user opens the excel-file trough the browser, so I hope there does
not have to be installed anything on the clients machine... It would
be very nice if someone could tell me step by step how I can do this.
It is very important for me, coz I have a good chance to get a job if
I can get this to work. So thx very much in advance!

Bart
Gary Rowe

There are ODBC drivers to connect to mySQL database on their website. You
can import the table into excel with an ODBC connection and then the excel
file can be downloaded or viewed with the excel viewer available from
Microsoft. There are also third party products that convert excel to other
forms for publishing on a website like Excel Everywhere.