Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default No data found

Hi, I have a work sheet that has several sheets the fist is the master and it
records scores from each of the other sheets so the first cell would read
some thing like (=Sunday! AQ5) the trouble is if there is no data to record
the cell reads #N/A so I can not Add up all the cells un less I replace all
the #N/A with zeros, is there any way around this.
Can any one help? Thanks in advance.
Barry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For these types things, it's usual to 'wrap' them in a test for an error
condition with an IF statement, like this:
=IF(ISNA(Sunday!AQ5),0,Sunday!AQ5)

Do an Excel search in HELP for the ISNA function and check out the "See
Also" which will lead you to things like ISERR and ISERROR. What you have to
be careful about with these error trapping functions is that you don't hide
something else with them. Best to at least work out the basic formulas with
associated data to make sure that nothing unexpected shows up. In this case
you expect an #NA! so the test is a good one to put here.
IF(ISNA(),"error","no error") type setup is also very useful with the various
xLOOKUP() functions.

Hope this is helpful for you.