Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format cell color?

I am using Excel 2007 although this spreadsheet is saved in the 2003 format.
I am trying to get rid of the fill colors in all cells. I have clicked the
upper left of the sheet to highlight all cells and clicked "No Fill". It
worked fine on virually all cells but a few of them have retained a bright
yellow backgroud color. I tried highlighting those cells specifically and
the same proceedure again produced no results. I figured maybe I could
outfox Excel and tell it to highlight the background with the white color,
again they remain bright yellow. What is causing this? How do I fix it?
This is an extremely simple sheet with few if any formulas.

Thanks... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

it doesn't matter what is in the cell. if the cell has conditional formating,
the cell will color based on the set conditions and the color can't be
removed by the traditional means. you have to kill the conditional fomating.
in 2007, you will find CF on the home tab.
and since you can seem to remove the color by traditional means, this leads
me to suspect CF. i don't know. just guessing.

Regards
FSt1

"Bob Newman" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007 although this spreadsheet is saved in the 2003
format.
I am trying to get rid of the fill colors in all cells. I have clicked
the
upper left of the sheet to highlight all cells and clicked "No Fill". It
worked fine on virually all cells but a few of them have retained a
bright
yellow backgroud color. I tried highlighting those cells specifically
and
the same proceedure again produced no results. I figured maybe I could
outfox Excel and tell it to highlight the background with the white
color,
again they remain bright yellow. What is causing this? How do I fix it?
This is an extremely simple sheet with few if any formulas.

Thanks... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Thanks for the tip about turning off CF. It solved my problem with
persistent color fills.

Mark