Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can you print format multiple sheets in excel at once?

I would really like to know if there's a way to format multiple excel
worksheets for printing at once. That is, highlight all the sheets and set
print area, print titles, margins, layout, etc so that you only have to do
this once rather than 20 times for 20 worksheets. I cannot believe that
Excel still doesn't allow this....does it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Ctrl to select sheets individually, or Shift to select groups of sheets.
Then go to File - Page setup.
Change settings as desired.

Note that this still won't allow you to setup custom print areas/repeating
rows. You could prb do this with a Do...Loop command in VBA however.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Rigatoni" wrote:

I would really like to know if there's a way to format multiple excel
worksheets for printing at once. That is, highlight all the sheets and set
print area, print titles, margins, layout, etc so that you only have to do
this once rather than 20 times for 20 worksheets. I cannot believe that
Excel still doesn't allow this....does it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have to solve this, so any info on the do..loop command would be
appreciated! I have to get to the point where I can set the print area, make
margin changes (preferably in print preview), add titles, etc so that all
sheets are done at one time. I spend hours formatting that could be done in
minutes.

"Rigatoni" wrote:

I would really like to know if there's a way to format multiple excel
worksheets for printing at once. That is, highlight all the sheets and set
print area, print titles, margins, layout, etc so that you only have to do
this once rather than 20 times for 20 worksheets. I cannot believe that
Excel still doesn't allow this....does it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe this sub will copy the majority of the page settings. Open VBE
(Alt+F11), Insert - Module. Paste the following in. Now, after setting up the
print area, margins, etc. on one sheet, run this macro (Alt+F8, choose macro,
run). As a note, on my machine, this took about 10 secs per sheet.

Sub FormatCopy()

StartSheet = ActiveSheet.Name

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If ws.Name < StartSheet Then

With ws.PageSetup
.PrintArea = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintArea
.PrintTitleRows = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintTitleRows
.PrintTitleColumns = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintTitleColumns
.LeftHeader = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.LeftHeader
.CenterHeader = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.CenterHeader
.RightHeader = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.RightHeader
.LeftFooter = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.LeftFooter
.CenterFooter = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.CenterFooter
.RightFooter = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.RightFooter
.LeftMargin = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.LeftMargin
.RightMargin = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.RightMargin
.TopMargin = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.TopMargin
.BottomMargin = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.BottomMargin
.HeaderMargin = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.HeaderMargin
.FooterMargin = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.FooterMargin
.PrintHeadings = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintHeadings
.PrintGridlines = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintGridlines
.PrintComments = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintComments
.PrintQuality = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintQuality
.CenterHorizontally = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.CenterHorizontally
.CenterVertically = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.CenterVertically
.Orientation = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.Orientation
.Draft = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.Draft
.PaperSize = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PaperSize
.FirstPageNumber = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.FirstPageNumber
.Order = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.Order
.BlackAndWhite = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.BlackAndWhite
.Zoom = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.Zoom
.PrintErrors = Sheets(StartSheet).PageSetup.PrintErrors
End With
End If
Next

Best Regards,

Luke M

"Rigatoni" wrote:

I would really like to know if there's a way to format multiple excel
worksheets for printing at once. That is, highlight all the sheets and set
print area, print titles, margins, layout, etc so that you only have to do
this once rather than 20 times for 20 worksheets. I cannot believe that
Excel still doesn't allow this....does it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hello

how can I set up macro for different page setup.
For ex, i have 1 ws that have different left/right margin then the 2 ws.
I set up my macro, but when I run it, the page set-up is going back to the
original.

--
Thanks

"Rigatoni" wrote:

I would really like to know if there's a way to format multiple excel
worksheets for printing at once. That is, highlight all the sheets and set
print area, print titles, margins, layout, etc so that you only have to do
this once rather than 20 times for 20 worksheets. I cannot believe that
Excel still doesn't allow this....does it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to loop through the sheets and set up each sheet or sheets as you
want.

Basically creating two different print jobs.

One for sheet1 and one for sheet2 and 3

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:24:01 -0700, user
wrote:

hello

how can I set up macro for different page setup.
For ex, i have 1 ws that have different left/right margin then the 2 ws.
I set up my macro, but when I run it, the page set-up is going back to the
original.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 24, 9:03*pm, Luke M wrote:
[...]

End Sub

Hi Luke M,

Is there an option to change your script to print the worksheets in
colour?

I'm having a similar issue but when trying to print all the worksheets
in colour.