Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to copy from sheet1 then paste special transpose to sheet2,3,4

Hi,
I have sheet 1 that has following info, for example:

Sheet1 information

Test ID | Title | Requirements | Test Description
aa1234 | test 1| Reqt-1234 | This is the description for aa1234
aa1235 | test 2| Reqt-1234 | This is the description for aa1235
aa1236 | test 3| Reqt-1234 | This is the description for aa1236

this will go on up to "test 1000".

I want to create a macro that inserts a Sheet 2, copy the header and row 2
from Sheet 1 and paste special transpose to Sheet 2

Then inserts Sheet 3, copy the header and row 3 from Sheet 1,
and paste special transpose to Sheet 3

Then inserts Sheet 4, copy the header and row 4 from Sheet 1,
and paste special transpose to Sheet 4 ..... and so on until all the
1000 tests are pasted to each individual sheets.

Sheet 2 will look like this:

Test ID aa1234
Title test 1
Requirements Reqt-1234
Test Description This is the description for aa1234

Sheet 3 will look like this:

Test ID aa1235
Title test 2
Requirements Reqt-1234
Test Description This is the description for aa1235

on so on up to Sheet 1001 for "test 1000".

Please help....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Christine,

I am assuming that there are no duplicate *Test ID*'s in column A.

See the attached workbook "Transpose rows to new sheets with titles -
Christine - SDG10.xls" with macro "TransposeData".

Then run the "TransposeData" macro.

Have a great day,
Stan

|Filename: Transpose rows to new sheets with titles - Christine - SDG10.xls|
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=188|

stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=118597

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to copy from sheet1 then paste special transpose to sheet2

Stanley,
I tried the macro and worked really well! Thanks! You're a time saver!
-Christine