Mel

Default HELP....Is there a way to automate copy/paste special/transpose -

Hello!

I have one column of names, address, etc. 6 rows per person...so, every
sixth row is a new person/contact.

I can go down contact by contact and copy/paste special/transpose and paste
across the board so that each contact info is separated into it's own
column...but there are several hundred contacts...is there a way to automate
this so that it checks the web/query...paste the new contacts at bottom of
list but in columns not rows..

EX.

My name
Company
address1
address2
work / fax: 1234567890 / 1234567890
email address
new name2
company2
address12
address22
work / fax: 1234567892 / 1234567892
email address2
ETC....

What it should be is
A B C D E
F E
My name Company address1 address2 work / fax: 1234567890 /
new name2 company2 address12 address22 work / fax: 1234567892 /

F G
1234567892 email address2

AND WITH THE WEB QUERY IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE AT THE END OF THE
LIST/ROW...

Any suggestions would be great!!! Do not want to have to do this manually...

Thanks!
1234567890 email address

Max

One way

Assuming data is in col A, A1 down, in groups of 6 lines each (as posted)

Put in B1:
=OFFSET($A$1,ROWS($A$1:A1)*6-6+COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,)

Copy B1 across to G1,
fill down until zeros appear signalling exhaustion of data

--
Rgds
Max

/

F G
1234567892 email address2

AND WITH THE WEB QUERY IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE AT THE END OF THE
LIST/ROW...

Any suggestions would be great!!! Do not want to have to do this

manually...

Thanks!
1234567890 email address

Mel

Thank you very much Max!!!

One issue...it seems to be skipping every other contact...
My name1
Company1
address1
address1
work / fax: 1234567890 / 1234567890
email address1
new name2
company2
address2
address2
work / fax: 1234567892 / 1234567892
email address2
new name3
company3
address3
address3
work / fax: 1234567892 / 1234567892
email address3

I get this...
My name1 Company1 address1 address1 work / fax: 1234567890 / 1234567890 email address1
new name3 company3 address3 address3 work / fax: 1234567892 / 1234567892 email address3

I am missing...all the way down the list...any ideas what I did wrong?
new name2 company2 address2 address2 work / fax: 1234567892 / 1234567892 email address2

Thanks again!!!

"Mel" wrote in message
[...]

Max

One issue...it seems to be skipping every other contact...

Strange, as it seems to work ok here,
tested on the sample data assumed in A1:A18

In A1: My name1
In A18: email address3

Maybe try again ?

If it still skips, email me a sample book
and I'll take a look
--
Rgds
Max
"Mel" wrote in message
[...]

Mel

YAHOO!!! MY FAULT!!!

How about this question Yoda...

First column with names...need to sep. into 2 columns
EX.

LastName, Max

MaxLastName, etc.

Thank you so much, you are a life saver!!!

"Mel" wrote in message
[...]

Max

Glad to hear you got it to work!

First column with names...need to sep. into 2 columns
EX. LastName, Max

If we're doing this as a continuation of the earlier re-arrangement into
cols,
we've got to either kill the formulas in col A (in-situ copy paste special
as values) or work on a copied pasted special as values in another sheet

One way to try for the split of col A into 2 cols

Insert a new empty col next to col A
(this is to receive the right half of the split data)

Select col A
Click Data Text to Columns Next
(Delimited will be selected)

In step 2,