Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel looking foe xla file that no longer exist

I had a add on that I unistalled. Now excel keeps looking for the xla file
that was assoicated with the add on. I can't seem to get rid of it or the add
on menu
Need help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"kirk" wrote in message
I had a add on that I unistalled. Now excel keeps looking for the xla file
that was assoicated with the add on. I can't seem to get rid of it or the
add
on menu
Need help

Can you reinstall it? Google should be able to find it if necessary. Then
deselect it via Tools, Add-Ins...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Victor
I already tried that
The 1st time I unistalled it I used the add & remove windows command
Since that didn't work I reinstalled it and tried the tool,addins

"Victor Delta" wrote:

"kirk" wrote in message
I had a add on that I unistalled. Now excel keeps looking for the xla file
that was assoicated with the add on. I can't seem to get rid of it or the
add
on menu
Need help

Can you reinstall it? Google should be able to find it if necessary. Then
deselect it via Tools, Add-Ins...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"kirk" wrote in message
Victor
I already tried that
The 1st time I unistalled it I used the add & remove windows command
Since that didn't work I reinstalled it and tried the tool,addins

Did it then work again ok (i.e. as if you had never removed it?)?

If so, what then happens if you go to Tools, Add-ins and remove the tick
against the add-in, and click ok?